Thursday, April 12, 2012

Death of a Salesman

After reading act one of Arthur Miller's play "Death of a Salesman" I found myself engrossed by the story. I find the children, Happy and Biff, to be relatable characters. I say this because the attitudes the two of them take and the dialogue they say in relation to their father, Willy, sounds realistic. I can imagine a real family that is in a similar position to Willy's (children grown up, visiting their family, their father worked hard all his life and is now nearing retirement) to be interacting in about the same manner.
I have only ever read one other work by Miller, "The Crucible", but I am finding I like his writing style; It is easy to follow. From what I have read in “Death of a Salesman” so far, it is turning in to a failrly dark story. I have my own thoughts on what I would like to see happen, but I am uncertain if they will come true. Ideally, I would like to see Biff get a job and make his father proud. I look forward to reading the second act.

No comments:

Post a Comment